There are moments when a song you’ve recently heard keeps repeating in your head for a few hours, or when it makes a bigger impression, perhaps days! Recently, my husband and step daughter, Brittaney danced to “Butterfly Kisses” on a her wedding day. After the wedding, this song was on my mind, so I decided to write a post about wedding music and share a few pictures and songs.
There's two things I know for sure: She was sent here from heaven and she's daddy's little girl. As I drop to my knees by her bed at night She talks to Jesus and I close my eyes and I thank god for all of the joy in my life Oh, but most of all For butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer; sticking little white flowers all up in her hair; Walk beside the pony, Daddy, it's my first ride. I know the cake looks funny, Daddy, but I sure tried. Oh, with all that I've done wrong, I must have done something right To deserve a hug every morning And butterfly kisses at night.
My Dad and I talked about practicing a dance for my wedding day. After I thought about it, I figured it would be more about practicing how not to get too emotional. We danced to “I Loved Her First,” by Heartland
The First Dance as Husband and Wife
My husband and I danced to “Bless the Broken Road,” by Rascal Flats, and I still get choked up when I hear it.
Listen to all the lyrics when you research your music and have fun selecting the songs together! There are many beautiful first dance songs to choose from, and below are two lists with the most popular and classic.
According to Vouge.com, these are the top ten first dance songs from 2016.
Top 10 First Dance Songs for Weddings:
1. “Thinking Out Loud,” Ed Sheeran
2. “At Last,” Etta James
3. “You Are the Best Thing,” Ray LaMontagne
4. “All of Me,” John Legend
5. “A Thousand Years,” Christina Perri
6. “Make You Feel My Love,” Adele
7. “I Won’t Give Up,” Jason Mraz
8. “Everything,” Michael Bublé
9. “Better Together,” Jack Johnson
Classic First Dance Songs:
1. “Unforgettable,” Nat King Cole
2. “The Way You Look Tonight,” Frank Sinatra
3. “What a Wonderful World,” Louis Armstrong
4. “Can’t Help Falling in Love,” Elvis Presley
5. “It had to be You,” Harry Connick Jr.
6. “A Kiss is Just a Kiss,” Michael Feinstein
7. “Unchained Melody,” The Righteous Brothers
8. “A Whole New World,” Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle
9. “Endless Love,” Diana Ross and Lionel Richie
This post was inspired by Brittaney and Ryan’s wedding and “The Daily Post” on WordPress!
Best Wishes and stop by again soon, (follow me) for more wedding inspiration, and feel free to share your thoughts!